background

Monday, August 29, 2011

Let's try this Blogging thing again---

Well, after a bit of a hiatus from blogging, I thought I'd give it another try...and I'll start by posting the recipe for Strawberry Trifle --my brother Sean's favorite dessert. It's SUPER easy and always is a hit. It is perfect if you are serving a crowd--and should be made a few hours in advance, so it lends itself well to making it in the morning for an afternoon BBQ.  



One note about the bowl---I bought this at Michaels for $6.00 (with the 50% coupon)...it looks like a big brandy sniffer!! Even though I'm sure you could assemble the trifle in another pan/bowl--I think it's more impressive and fun in this one! Sorry about the quality of the iPhone photo, I didn't know I'd be blogging this at the time..










Recipe courtesy of my mom, Bernadette! 


I am posting the original recipe, but I would DEFINITELY double the filling


FILLING
1 3.5oz vanillia pudding mix
1 8 oz sour cream
1 cup milk
2 tea grated orange peal (I zested mine)
1 container whipped topping


--add milk to pudding and beat until pudding forms, then add the sour cream and orange zest in and continue beating--
--fold in the whipped topping


STRAWBERRIES
4 cups chopped fresh strawberries
1 container strawberry glaze (my mom uses the strawberry pie filling but I cannot find it here in San Diego)


--mix together with wooden spoon


ANGEL FOOD CAKE (purchased from our local grocery store--when my mom can't find it, she uses pound cake, which would also be good!!)


--tear it up into 1 inch pieces (Grant and Gwen like "helping" with this task!)


LAYER:
CAKE, STRAWBERRIES, PUDDING-- REPEAT

1 comment:

  1. Well, well, well . . . Look who's back? : ) I love trifles! Can't wait to try this one. And I just love those 50% coupons at Michaels!!

    ReplyDelete